Slack can be integrated with Authomize so that messages generated by Authomize can be sent through Slack.
Note: Another document (Integrating Slack with Authomize) describes how to integrate Slack with Authomize to help manage Slack authentication within your organization.
Enabling Authomize to Send Slack Messages - workflow
Integrating Slack for Authomize messages (part 1)
- Log into Authomize as an admin.
- Go to Settings () /Ticketing and Communications and click the button next to Slack.
- When the Integrating Slack dialog opens, click Install Slack App (Step 1).
Integrating Authomize in Slack
- If you haven’t already done so, log into Slack.
- Allow Authomize to integrate with your organization’s Slack workspace.
- If asked, add a message justifying Authomize access to your Slack workspace.
Integrating Slack for Authomize messages (part 2)
Step 2. Provide the email of the integration owner.
Step 3. Check the Turn on messaging via Slack right away box.
Click Create when done.
If all goes well, you will see Slack in your list of Connected Integrations on the Ticketing and Communication Integrations page:
For Authomize to send messages via Slack you need to enable several other features (from the Settings menu):
Turn on messages and notifications via Slack and add the channel(s) that should get Authomize admin messages.
Note: The admin(s) who receive messages are defined in Preferences (below).
Add the manager(s) who should receive Access Review, Policy and System messages and notifications.
Set up “boilerplate” messages that will be used repeatedly.