Integrating Okta with Authomize
Integration with Okta provides visibility about your Okta users, groups, roles and the applications they can access. After integration, Authomize provides visibility into Okta and the applications (in Okta or other IDPs) that Okta supports as an Identity Provider, enabling improved identity security and automated access reviews.
Okta integration workflow
Generating a token in Okta
To integrate Okta with Authomize, you will need to provide System Admin privileges to an Okta user and then create a token that can be used for Okta-Authomize communication.
Note: Only System Admins can assign a System Privilege role to another user
- Log into Okta as an admin.
- Add a person.
- Edit the new person to provide him or her with Super-Admin privileges.
Note: Only a Super Admin can fetch data about super admins.
To edit, click on the user.
- On the Single User page, click Add individual admin privileges.
- In the Administrator assignment by admin page:
- Set the Role to Super Administrator
- Click Save Changes
- Confirm admin status.
- Go to API > Authorization Servers page to find the URL.
- Go to API > Tokens page to create a new token (by clicking Create Token).
Integrating Okta in Authomize
- Log into Authomize.
- Go to Settings > Data Sources and click Add New App.
- Select Okta from the list.
- In the Okta dialog, do the following:
Step 3. Copy the URL from Okta’s API > Authorization Servers page
and paste it in the Domain field.
Copy the token from Okta’s API > Tokens page the paste it into the Token field.
Step 4. Enter an optional Integration name.
Step 5. Enter your email address.
If all goes well Okta will be integrated and added to the list of connected apps.
What data is collected
- Activity Data