Integrating GitLab with Authomize
Integration with GitLab provides visibility about your organization’s identities and assets. After integration, Authomize provides visibility into GitLab, enabling improved identity security and automated access reviews.
Note: To integrate GitLab into Authomize, Authomize must first be installed on your organization’s GitLab repository.
GitLab integration workflow
To integrate GitLab with Authomize, first create an access token in GitLab and then copy that token into Authomize, as described below.
Generating a token in GitLab
- Log into GitLab as an admin.
- Edit your profile (or go to https://gitlab.com/-/profile/personal_access_tokens).
- Go to the Access Tokens dialog and:
- Enter a Token Name (eg. authomize)
- Enter an Expiration date
- Select the following scopes:
- Click Create personal access token.
- Copy the access token that then appears.
Integrating GitLab into Authomize
- Log into Authomize.
- Go to Settings > Data Sources and click Add New App.
- When the Integrate GitLab dialog opens:
Step 1. Follow the steps in Generating a token in GitLab above.
Step 2. Enter Authomize as the Group Name
Paste the Access Token (from GitLab)
Step 5. Enter your email.
When GitLab is integrated you will see it in the list of connected apps:
What data is collected