Integrating GitHub with Authomize
Integration with GitHub provides visibility about your organization’s identities and assets. After integration, Authomize provides visibility into GitHub, enabling improved identity security and automated access reviews.
Note: To integrate GitHub into Authomize, Authomize must first be installed on your organization’s GitHub repository. Authomize can be downloaded and installed from the GitHub marketplace.
GitHub integration workflow
To integrate GitHub with Authomize, you’ll need to install the GitHub app and then create a GitHub access token and then copy it into Authomize, as described below.
Integrating GitHub in Authomize
- Log into Authomize.
- Go to Settings > Data Sources and click Add New App.
- Select GitHub from the list.
- In the Integrate GitHub dialog, do the following:
Step 1. Click Go to GitHub and login.
Step 2. Click Go to GitHub to create an access token
(as described in the Generating a token in GitHub section below).
Step 3. Enter YOUR ORGANIZATION NAME in the Organization field.
Paste the Access Token (from GitLab).
Step 4. Enter an optional Integration name.
Step 5. Enter your email address.
Generating a token in GitHub
- Log into GitHub as an admin.
- If it hasn’t already been installed, install GitHub now by going to https://github.com/apps/authomize.
- Click Install.
- Install Authomize on your organization account (not your personal account) on all repositories.
- Go to https://github.com/settings/tokens/new and click Generate a personal access token.
- When the personal access token dialog opens:
set Note to Authomize Read-only
set expiration date to no expiration
set scopes for org /read.org and user/user.email
- Save the token once it is generated.
- If your organization uses SSO, authorize the access token to be used with SAML (see GitHub's guide for detailed steps).
- Go back to Step 4 in the Integrate GitHub dialog to complete the installation.
When GitHub has been integrated, you will see it in the list of connected apps:
What data is collected
- Repositories (including security settings)