Integrating Salesforce with Authomize
Integration with Salesforce provides visibility about your organization’s identities and assets across your Salesforce environment.
Salesforce integration workflow
- Log into your Salesforce app, as a system admin, through salesforce.com.
- Go to Apps > App Manager > New Connected App dialog.
If Salesforce ask you to go to the Classic edition, click the link.
- Fill in the fields, and the checkboxes, as shown below:
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Callback URL: https://oauth.authomize.com/oauth/salesforce/callback
The digital certificate can be downloaded from this link: authomize-salesforce.crt
- Click Save.
- Once connected you will see a short summary:
- Copy the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret to a notepad.
- Click or go to Manage Apps > Connected Apps > OAuth Policies,
in the Permitted Users field select Admin Approved Users are pre-authorized,
and in the IP Relaxation field select Relax IP restrictions.
Then Save the configuration.
- Click Manage Profiles on the Authomize Connected App dialog.
- Select System Administrator and then Save.
- Go to Setup > Users > Permission Sets and Manage Permission Sets and click New.
Then enter a label (“authomizeMFA”) and click Save when ready.
In the next dialog click Add Assignment.
Select User, click Next, click Assign, click Done.
- select authomizeMFA.
Integrate Salesforce in Authomize
- Log into Authomize
- Go to Settings/Data Sources and click Salesforce if you see it in the Recommended Apps.
- Alternatively, click .Add New App. and select
- In the Integrate Salesforce dialog:
Skip Steps 1, 2 & 3.
Step 4 Enter your Username.
Enter the Key you created in Salesforce’s Consumer Details page (Step 6 of setup).
Step 5 Skip this step unless you use a Salesforce Sandbox environment (i.e. you log in through
Step 6 Enter a name for this integration.
Step 7 Enter the email of the “owner” of this integration.
When Salesforce is integrated you will see that it has become part of the Connected Apps list.
What data is collected
- Employee number
- Employee ID
- First name
- Last name
- Display name
- Last Login Date
- Supervisor ID
- Permission Sets
- Object Permissions